Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Slippery Rock Weather

I'm sure that all of the students, staff, and residents at Slippery Rock have become accustomed to Slippery Rock weather. The weather in Slippery Rock completely blows my mind. On a Monday, it can be a beautiful day at 74 degrees sunny with birds out chirping then by Wednesday, it will drop to 30 degrees and the grass will be covered with frost. My issue with the weather is that as a student, you can never tell what your need to wear without opening the window in transition seasons (Fall and Spring).

4 comments:

  1. I know exactly what you mean! One day I am wearing shorts and a tank top and the next I am wearing my winter coat. In March, it can be 20 degrees or 80 degrees. It is always constatnly changing! The weather here is so crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It usually happens that the week is nice and then the weekend is horrible. My advice to anyone who is coming to SRU, is get rain boots and an umbrella. I think that this winter was one of the worst that I have seen while being up here. 18 inches of snow is crazy. But, this is one of the warmest springs I think we have had also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Slippery Rock does have some crazy weather, but to be honest, it is everywhere else too. Just because we are here most of our time, we just tend to think the weather here is horrible. If you think it is bad here, you should try Gannon University. I hear they get a lot more snow than we do. But I must say, I think jinxed the campus. The day we came back from winter break, I said, "we haven't had much snow this year". That weekend, we got like two feet of snow. So, sorry for making it snow! On the bright side, the days have been pretty warm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes indeed that Slippery Rock has some crazy weather. But i guess that goes for most of western Pennsylvania though. Two weeks ago it was in the upper 70s to the 80s and sunny but just last weekend I had a track meet and it was 42 degress, cloudy, and actually was snowing a little bit when I was running my races. I think that is quite rediculous.

    ReplyDelete